Biking On The Green Island - Sao Miguel - E-bike
Set out for an outstanding cycling holiday on São Miguel Island! Ride through beautiful winding roads bordered by hydrangeas, green dairy farm pastures and unique coastlines. The landscape is sensational! Reaching the islands interior, you will be amazed by stunning crater lakes, hot springs, and the abundance of lush vegetation. Are you up for the challenge?
Day by Day
Day 1 - São Miguel
Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 - São Miguel
Bicycle delivery at hotel. Pineapple Tour (33 km). This circular route will introduce you to one of the most emblematic cultures of the island of São Miguel, the pineapple plantations, cultivated in greenhouses, and where you can make a small visit and taste pineapple liqueur and the fruit itself, being today one of the symbols of the Azores. During the tour you will cross the central part of the island and the areas surrounding the Hotel as well as admire the beautiful views over the mountains and the sea. You will also have the opportunity to see an example of an intact Windmill and visit one of the Forest Parks of the Island (Pinhal da Paz), ideal place for a picnic in the middle of nature.
Day 3 - São Miguel
Tour to Sete Cidades (42 km). The day starts with some kilometers along the north coast to the west before taking a secondary road up to the rim of Sete Cidades volcano. Here you will have some of the most incredible views to the inside of this volcanic structure with lakes, craters, and hills, while riding on the beaten on the top of the crater rim. The ride takes along some secondary roads back to the hotel, by the coast.
Day 4 - São Miguel
Tour Capelas / Furnas (44 km). On this day you will move to a hotel more to the east in the Island. Riding the bike along the north coast pass through the inside of the villages along the coast, including the city of Ribeira Grande, the second biggest of the Island. Continuing further to the east you will pass by the only tea plantations in Europe. In these plantations you are welcome to visit the factory and taste a cup of tea. Leaving the tea plantation, the route guides you up the hill and into the middle of Furnas volcano. Accommodation in the village of Furnas. Luggage transportation between hotels made by agency service.
Day 5 - São Miguel
Tour Furnas & Ribeira Quente (19 km). The program for today will show you the way to the fumaroles and hot springs, on the border of the crater lake, and the beautiful beaten track around it. This circular route will give you nice views to the village of Furnas. In the afternoon, the route takes you down to a beautiful winding road, in the middle of a valley, to the fishing village of Ribeira Quente. Here you can find one of the most scenic beaches in the Island. In Ribeira Quente you find two restaurants where you can enjoy fresh fish captured by the locals.
Day 6 - São Miguel
Free day or Tour to Povoação (17 km). In this day you will cross the crater rim of Furnas to the east, entering the volcano of Povoação, one of the two extinct volcanoes in the Island. The village was the first to be settled by the Portuguese in the XV century. Enjoy the views to the seven hills of Povoação.
Day 7 - São Miguel
Tour Furnas / Água dAlto (24 km). Leaving Furnas, you will ride through winding roads to the outside of Furnas volcano. Taking the road along the borders of the crater lake, you will ride to southwest, slowly descending to the shore and approaching Vila Franca do Campo. This road offers fantastic views over the coastal villages and the crater islet located meters from the shore. The ride finishes in your last accommodation, in Água dAlto. Luggage transportation between hotels made by the agency.
Day 8 - São Miguel
Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Included / Not Included
- 7 nights (breakfast included depending on the hotel selected)
- Arrival & departure transfers between airport & accommodation
- Bike rental: mountain E-Bike (C10) for 7 days rental
- Brand: Cube
- Specifications: MTB Eletric Bikes; Cube Reaction; Battery: Bosch Powerpack 500; Drive unit: Bosch; Performance CX
- Limited coverage of Public Liability and personal accidents
- Emergency Kit, lock and cage
- Luggage transportation between accommodations as per description on the program
- Biking road book with road descriptions and maps + SOS contacts
- Entrance at the Monitoring and Research Centre of Furnas & plantation of one endemic
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Local biking guide
- Transportation of the bikes between the accommodations
- Bike rental supplements such as helmets, special pedals, gps, rear carrier or side transport bag are paid locally
- Collision damage waiver, theft, traffic fines or towing expenses
- A guarantee deposit with credit card for the bike rental is compulsory and made locally with the bike rental company and returned at the end of the rental: 600.00€ / per each bike
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned
- The half board price is not valid for dinners on special dates or Gala dinners and may have restrictive conditions. Please consult us.