Walks, Talks & Whales - Pico Island - OPEI
Departures from June 9 2023 to November 4 2023
This trip invites you to discover the landscapes and culture of Pico, to meet the inhabitants of the Azorean sea and learn about Pico volcanoes, cetaceans, vineyards, and more. Enjoy some walking trails and Whale Watching trips during the day and a variety of presentations/discussions with the marine biologists during the evening. This is the perfect holiday for those who seek some adventure but also some culture and knowledge.
- Day 1 - Faial or Pico
Transfer from Faial or Pico airport to hotel in Lajes do Pico. Welcome drink and information concerning the week activities.
- Day 2 - Pico
In the morning: Whale watching excursion. In the afternoon: Visit to the Whalers Museum.
- Day 3 - Pico
Walk the lava flow from Piedade to Manhenha (self-guided - transfer to Piedade included).
- Day 4 - Pico
Walk the vineyards (self-guided) from Gruta das Torres (entrance included) to Madalena (transfer to Gruta das Torres included).
- Day 5 - Pico
In the morning: Whale watching excursion. In the afternoon: Vigia da Queimada.
- Day 6 - Pico
Walk from Lagoa do Capitão (self-guided) to São Roque (transfer to Lagoa do Capitão included).
- Day 7 - Pico
- Day 8 - Faial or Pico
Departure transfer to airport of Faial or Pico.
8 Days • 7 Nights
Places / InterestsPico Whales & Dolphins Packages Family Lajes do Pico
Included / Not Included
- 7 nights bed & breakfast at the Hotel Wahlecome ao Pico
- Two 3-hour sea excursions based on Whales and Dolphins of Queimada
- Transfers for three self-guided walks in varied landscapes unique to Pico
- Approx. 5 talks on a variety of themes such as: Pico, volcanoes, the evolution of marine mammals, turtles, photo identification and other topics
- All transfers as described in the program
- Insurance for whale watching operations
- Free entrance to the Whalers museum
- Government taxes and a whale and dolphin observation permit
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Guide for the walks
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned
- Supplements for private tours
- Extra charge when arriving and/or departing from Faial airport: 28,89€ / per pax / OW
The whale watching boats are fast and drawn for active voyages, unfortunately, cannot accommodate persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women, or persons with osteoporosis, sciatic
The walks are self-guided. A roadbook will be provided