Azores Underwater - Santa Maria - OPEI
There are several different types of dives around the island of Santa Maria. This is directly related to the diverse geologic formations of the Azorean archipelago caves, tunnels and sand bottoms around the coast, in low lying areas close to the coast or in submarine mounts or peaks further from the coast. Noteworthy that the Baixa do Ambrósio there is a yearly concentration of Devil rays unlike any other place in the world. Natural Reserve Formigas and Dollabarat considered by many as the best diving location in Europe, the reserve is located 20 miles northeast off the island of Santa Maria in open sea. A vast number of subaquatic species may be observed here. It should be noted that the highest number of sightings of the pelagic species takes place in this area of the archipelago.
- Day 1 - Santa Maria
Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- Day 2 - Santa Maria
- Day 3 - Santa Maria
- Day 4 - Santa Maria
- Day 5 - Santa Maria
- Day 6 - Santa Maria
- Day 7 - Santa Maria
- Day 8 - Santa Maria
Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Included / Not Included
- 7 nights bed & breakfast
- Arrival and departure transfers between the airport of Santa Maria and the hotel
- 10 regular dives (2 dives per day) schedules will be informed locally by the diving company
- Transfers between the hotel and diving center
- Full tank, weights, dive guide and activity insurance
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1,00€
- Meals nor drinks
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned
- Full diving equipment
- Supplements for private or specific dives (natural reserves of Dollabarat & Formigas). Please consult the local diving company.
All divers must present their Diver Certification, Logbook, Personal Dive Insurance and Medical Certificate